It doesn’t matter what workforce you wish to win on Sunday, one factor is for certain, you’ll be grubbin’ on a few of your favourite Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes and snacks. Aside from this 12 months, when the sport is over, you gained’t be left feeling bloated and sluggish because of Scottsdale, AZ-based chef Dom Ruggiero, founder and CEO of Forged Iron Ideas, a Scottsdale-based Hospitality Group which is the dad or mum firm of three eating places: Hush Public Home, TVG Faucet Room, and Hearth at Will.
Ruggiero, a Marine Aviation Operations Specialist, studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. He’s labored as a chef in New York Metropolis for a number of years earlier than returning to his hometown in 2019 and opening his first restaurant.
To assist burn off a number of the energy he consumes whereas crafting new culinary concepts in his kitchen, Ruggiero, who together with his spouse Holly predict their first little one, is an avid weightlifter and trains Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Right here, Ruggiero shares a few of his high recommendations on how you can efficiently prep gameday goodies with out lacking a second of the sport—or an oz. of taste!
Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipe Swaps
Preserve the flavour however minimize down on the energy by making easy, but flavorful swaps. “The easiest way I’ve discovered to make Tremendous Bowl dishes more healthy is to maintain with the normal fare however to sub different substances whereever doable,” Ruggiero says. For instance, change mayonnaise-based recipes with Greek yogurt or fattier meats with leaner proteins comparable to hen or turkey for beef or pork.
Ruggiero suggests these wholesome substances swap concepts:
- Swap mayonnaise or bitter cream for Greek Yogurt
- Swap ketchup for salsa for a clear sauce
- Swap ranch dip for hummus
- Swap vegetable oil for olive oil
- Swap soda for seltzer water with lemon
- Swap fat-laden meats with lean proteins
Prep Laborious, Play Laborious
Like everybody else, Ruggiero needs to be watching the sport and having fun with the social gathering. “I don’t wish to be caught within the kitchen whereas everybody else is having enjoyable,” the Tremendous Bowl chef says. So, he at all times creates his menu in order that it’s both simply prepped forward of time, and/or in a position to be hot-held with out compromising the flavour or texture. “Crockpots and pellet people who smoke are nice for this,” he says.
Disposable Aluminum Containers for the Win!
With regards to game-day preparation, Ruggiero likes to serve all of his Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes dishes in disposable aluminum pans. “Towards the tip of the social gathering, I’ll put out to-go containers for my company to take meals residence in—it makes clear up a breeze,” he says.
Not solely does this make for a straightforward clean-up, however your mates get to get pleasure from their Sport Day dishes the subsequent day and also you aren’t caught with extra meals than you possibly can deal with.
Chef Dom Ruggiero’s Crowd-Pleasing Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipes
French Onion Dip Recipe
This selfmade French Onion Dip recipe is one in all Ruggiero’s spouse’s favourite dishes! “This recipe is an instance of how one can sub out Greek yogurt for mayo and additional virgin olive oil for butter,” hje says. It’s nice served with chips or fresh-cut greens for a good more healthy choice.
- 2 massive Yellow Onions
- 2 massive Shallots
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Further Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Chives
- Salt and Pepper to style
- Small cube Onions and Shallots. Warmth the oil in a sauté pan and prepare dinner onions till properly caramelized, normally about 30-45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a big bowl add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt and whisk till clean. Add the onion combination and fresh-cut chives and whisk till absolutely integrated.
BBQ Rooster Lettuce Cups Recipe
One other fan favourite is these BBQ Rooster lettuce cups. Chef Ruggiero serves these with grilled corn, shaved radish, cheddar cheese, and scallions, “However you possibly can personalize them nonetheless you want along with your favourite substances.” He says. Take note, “This recipe makes use of the crock pot along with your favourite BBQ sauce however you possibly can additionally use your smoker for added smokey taste.” Recommends Chef Ruggiero.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Rooster Breasts (3-4#)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Further Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- place the hen breasts within the crock pot.
- In a bowl add the remaining substances and blend completely.
- Pour the sauce combination over the hen and prepare dinner on excessive for 3-4 hours or till the hen is well shredded with a fork.
- Maintain on low till you might be able to construct your lettuce cups.
- 1 head of Butter lettuce
- 1 watermelon radish (shaved skinny)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 ears Grilled Corn (minimize off the cobb)
- ½ C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- To construct the lettuce cups, place a bit of lettuce down and scoop a number of ounces of pulled hen and place within the heart.
- Garnish with remaining substances to your liking.