These hearty Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Cups make a scrumptious breakfast or wholesome snack that’s stuffed with fiber and protein.
“I simply made these this morning—completely scrumptious!”
For those who love oatmeal–however want it was transportable sufficient to tuck in a piece bag or hand to your late-for-the-bus child…
And for those who love muffins–however want they weren’t fairly a lot like cupcakes…
Meet baked oatmeal cups.
These wholesome baked oatmeal cups are a filling breakfast or snack that’s stuffed with fiber and protein like a bowl of oatmeal, simply candy sufficient, and made with easy components you in all probability have readily available already.
Components for Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Oats: Old style oats make these chewy, however you should use fast oats as nicely. One reader blended her oats into flour and stated they got here out nice that approach too.
- Peanut butter: I favor pure peanut butter, which doesn’t have added sugar or oils. However you should use common peanut butter too.
- Maple syrup: Go for actual maple syrup right here. It’s also possible to substitute with honey.
- Bananas: These must be ripe and mashable. You’ll want both three small bananas or two medium bananas.
- Eggs. It’s also possible to use two “flax eggs” (every flax egg = 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed blended with 3 tablespoons water).
- Milk: Dairy or non-dairy.
- Chocolate chips: This requires 1/4 cup, however be happy to make use of as much as 1/2 cup.
- Baking powder
On the lookout for a nut-free model? Strive these Banana Oatmeal Cups
The right way to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cups
Line a muffin pan with paper liners. You’ll be able to spray them with cooking spray to assist stop sticking or you should use silicone muffins liners.
In a big bowl, mash the ripe bananas nicely utilizing a potato masher.
Add the remainder of the components and stir nicely.
Fill every muffin liner with batter. It’ll come to the highest or perhaps a bit heaping. Bake at 375 levels F for 20-25 minutes or till the tops are dry and barely browned.
FAQs about Baked Oatmeal Cups
What’s one of the simplest ways to retailer these oatmeal cups?
Maintain them in an hermetic container or zip-top bag. You’ll be able to hold them on the counter for 1-2 days, then switch to the fridge. They’re very moist and can spoil if left at room temperature for greater than a pair days.
How lengthy do baked oatmeal cups final?
Saved within the fridge, they’ll final a couple of week.
Do these baked oatmeal cups freeze nicely?
Sure. Put them in a zip-top freezer bag and use them inside three months.
Can I exploit fast oats for this recipe?
Sure, you may, and so they work nice!
Can I exploit metal reduce oats as an alternative?
No, they received’t work for this recipe. Use both old school oats or fast oats.
Can I make these with out eggs?
Sure. You’ll be able to substitute two flax eggs as an alternative. To do that, mix two tablespoons of floor flaxseed with six tablespoons of water. Stir nicely and put aside to thicken, about 5 minutes, earlier than including to batter.
How can I make these vegan?
Swap the eggs for flax eggs (see query above for directions), the dairy milk for non-dairy, and use dairy-free chocolate chips.
Are these gluten-free?
These baked oatmeal cups are gluten-free so long as you purchase oats labeled “gluten free”. Oats don’t naturally include gluten however might have cross-contact with gluten in the event that they’re made in a facility or on tools that additionally makes gluten-containing merchandise. If you might want to keep away from gluten, search for oats labeled “gluten-free”.
Can I exploit common peanut butter (not pure)?
Can I exploit a special nut or seed butter?
Sure, You should use any form of nut butter, like cashew or almond. It’s also possible to use SunButter, which is a butter comprised of sunflower seeds, or soy nut butter if peanut allergy symptoms are a priority (clearly, all the time learn labels to make sure merchandise are peanut-free). Or you may make a nut- and seed-free model: Banana Oatmeal Cups
Can I exploit non-dairy milk as an alternative?
Sure! I’d go for unsweetened or plain non-dairy milks to keep away from conflicting flavors or an excessive amount of sweetness.
Can I make these with much less sugar?
Positive. Merely cut back the quantity of chocolate chips and maple syrup.
Assist! My oatmeal cups caught to the liners.
These oatmeal cups will persist with the liners once they’re nonetheless heat. They’ll come off a lot simpler when cooled. Or choose up a stack of reusable silicone muffin liners. The baked oat cups will pop proper out, no drawback.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cups
Cook dinner Time:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Cups are excellent for a fast breakfast or hearty snack. Like oatmeal to-go!
- 3 small bananas (ripe)
- 1 cup milk (I exploit 1 %)
- 1/2 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quaint oats (or fast oats)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (be happy to make use of as much as 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Warmth oven to 375 levels F.
- Mash bananas in mixing bowl with a potato masher. Add remainder of components and stir nicely.
- Line muffin pan with 12 paper or silicone liners. Fill every one with batter (it is going to come to the highest or perhaps a bit heaping).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till tops are dry and barely browned.
It’s also possible to common peanut butter as an alternative of pure.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Dimension: 1 muffin
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 224Whole Fats: 9gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 33mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 8g
Extra Recipes For You
Complete Wheat Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
Complete Wheat Waffles