Meal prep these scrumptious, high-protein Egg White Muffins with turkey bacon, cottage cheese, and veggies for a fast breakfast on the go!
Egg White Muffins
These straightforward Egg White Muffins are loaded with egg whites, cottage cheese, bell pepper, broccoli, scallions, and shallots, baked in a muffin tin with turkey bacon, and topped with a little bit cheddar cheese. They’re naturally gluten-free and scrumptious! Extra breakfast muffin recipes chances are you’ll like are Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins and Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins.
Are egg whites wholesome?
Egg whites are wholesome as they’re very low in energy and excessive in protein. Nonetheless, they’ve much less diet than egg yolks. So, in case your fundamental aim is to scale back energy, then egg whites are a sensible choice, however in order for you all of the diet that eggs supply, don’t skip the yolks.
How a lot protein is in egg whites?
One egg white has 3.6 grams of protein, and one serving of those wholesome egg white muffins has 20 grams of protein.
Egg White Muffins Substances
- Egg Whites: Purchase a 16-ounce carton of egg whites.
- Cottage Cheese: You’ll want one small container of two% cottage cheese.
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, seasoning salt
- Onions: Chop shallots (or crimson onions) and scallions.
- Bell Pepper: I like utilizing orange or crimson bell pepper.
- Broccoli: Steam and chop a half cup of contemporary or frozen broccoli.
- Turkey Bacon: Reduce six slices of turkey bacon in half. I used Applegate, however any model will do.
- Cheese: Sharp shredded cheddar cheese
The way to Make Egg White Muffins
- Greens: Sauté the shallots, scallions, and bell pepper in olive oil over medium-low warmth for about 5 minutes. Add within the broccoli and prepare dinner for a minute.
- Egg Combination: Mix the egg whites, cottage cheese, garlic powder, and seasoning salt, after which combine within the greens.
- Line a muffin tin with a half slice of turkey bacon across the edges, pour within the eggs, and prime the cups with shredded cheese.
How lengthy do you bake egg white muffins?
Bake veggie egg muffins at 350°F for 25 minutes till set.
The way to Meal Prep Egg White Muffins
These egg white muffins final within the fridge for as much as 4 days, which implies they’re a wonderful possibility for meal prep. They’re handy to have for a quick high- protein breakfast. As soon as the muffins are achieved baking, allow them to cool after which retailer them within the fridge in an hermetic container. Warmth them for about 30 seconds earlier than consuming. You may also freeze then thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than heating.
- Eggs: I used one carton of egg whites. In case you choose yolks, you should use half entire eggs and half whites or all entire eggs. You’ll want about two cups complete.
- Greens: You’ll be able to substitute the veggies with something you want. Strive it with leftover roasted veggies, mushrooms, spinach, and many others.
- Cheese: Swap the cheddar with shredded Swiss or mozzarella.
Extra Breakfast Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 2 muffins
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Sautéed the shallots, scallions and bell pepper in oil over medium-low warmth, prepare dinner till tender, 5 to six minutes.
Add the broccoli and prepare dinner 1 extra minute.
In the meantime, in a big bowl mix the egg whites, cottage cheese, garlic powder and seasoning salt.
Add the veggies and blend.
Utilizing 12 cup muffin tin, line every cup with a half slice turkey bacon across the edges and pour within the egg combination, about 1/3 cup every.
Prime with the shredded cheese and bake within the heart of the oven about 25 minutes, till set.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 muffins, Energy: 144 kcal, Carbohydrates: 4.5 g, Protein: 20 g, Fats: 4.5 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 33 mg, Sodium: 502 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 2 g