These Chocolate Raspberry Bran Muffins are gentle and fluffy, with simply the correct amount of sweetness. They’re filled with chocolate taste and juicy raspberries.. and pack in a shocking quantity of fiber and diet!
Why You’re Going to Love These Chocolate Raspberry Bran Muffins
Oh, how we love these muffins! They nearly don’t have any enterprise tasting pretty much as good as they do. They’re low in sugar, filled with fiber, and received’t win any awards within the appears to be like division.
However. They’re tremendous moist, additional chocolatey, simply candy sufficient, and dotted with vivid, juicy raspberries. They style like a decadent deal with, however are literally a nutritious muffin that you would be able to be ok with serving for breakfast!
Fiber performs an vital position in intestine well being. It additionally helps keep blood sugar ranges and helps maintain you full for longer. However most children (and adults!) don’t get sufficient fiber of their weight-reduction plan. Bran muffins are a good way to sneak in some additional fiber! And whereas I’ve an abiding love for my favourite Bran Muffins.. this chocolate raspberry model is correct up there with it.
Elements for Chocolate Raspberry Bran Muffins
- Bran Cereal– we used Fiber One
- Buttermilk– buttermilk helps create a moist, tender muffin.
- Coconut Oil– we love the trace of coconut you get from the coconut oil in these muffins, however you need to use any neutral-flavored oil.
- Eggs– provides construction and rise to the muffins.
- Vanilla Extract– provides scrumptious taste!
- Flour– we used all-purpose flour, however you would additionally use complete wheat or a mixture of the 2.
- Sugar– we used common granulated sugar.
- Cocoa Powder– we used common cocoa powder, however Dutch-processed provides you with a deeper chocolate taste.
- Baking Soda– creates a lightweight and fluffy muffin.
- Salt– we used kosher salt.
- Frozen Raspberries– we used frozen raspberries, however you would substitute contemporary.
- Mini Chocolate Chips– as a result of these muffins aren’t very candy, we cherished the addition of mini chocolate chips!
The way to Make Chocolate Raspberry Bran Muffins
- Warmth the oven to 375 levels; place muffin liners in tin.
- Crush bran cereal in a blender or meals processor.
- Put cereal in a bowl with the buttermilk, let stand for five minutes.
- Add moist substances, whisk to mix.
- Add dry substances, stir simply till mixed.
- Calmly break up frozen raspberries; fold into the muffin batter together with the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into ready muffin pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Permit to chill barely earlier than eradicating to cooling rack.
- Get pleasure from!
Ideas & Solutions
- We used Fiber One bran cereal, however bran buds or flakes would work as properly. Simply ensure you are utilizing a 100% bran cereal.
- The bran/buttermilk combination will likely be very thick. It’s okay! We promise it is going to work out ultimately.
- Coarsely break up your frozen raspberries earlier than folding into the batter. This provides you with good raspberries flecks and taste all through the muffin. You’ll be able to skip this step, however you find yourself with massive, mushy pockets of raspberries. But when that’s your factor, go forward and depart them complete!
- These muffins don’t rise very a lot within the oven, so you’ll be able to fill your muffin liners about 3/4 full.
- We don’t advocate utilizing common chocolate chips on this muffin as a result of they don’t stability as properly with the tender muffin and have a tendency to sink to the underside. The mini chocolate chips had been excellent.
- You possibly can depart the raspberries out fully if you’d like a easy, beautiful chocolate bran muffin.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for 5-7 days, or within the freezer for 3-4 months.
- When including the dry substances, don’t over combine! Stir simply till mixed for a lightweight and tender muffin.
Extra Scrumptious Muffin Recipes To Attempt:
Warmth oven to 375° F. Place muffin liners in muffin pan or grease muffin tin properly.
Place bran cereal in a blender or meals processor and coarsely crush.
Add crushed cereal to a medium bowl and stir in buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes.
Add oil, eggs, and vanilla to the cereal combination; whisk to mix. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir simply till moistened.
Calmly break frozen raspberries with the again of a spoon so they’re in small items. Gently fold into the muffin batter together with the chocolate chips (if utilizing).
Divide batter evenly amongst muffin cups.
Bake 20-25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clear.
Instantly take away muffins from pan and permit to chill on a wire rack earlier than serving.
Energy: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 9g | Saturated Fats: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.02g | Ldl cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can find plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.