These air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites are the BEST appetizer or recreation day snack! They’re crispy, saucy, and spicy. You will not be capable to get sufficient!
This air fryer buffalo cauliflower is the ULTIMATE recreation day snack. It’s saucy, spicy, and crispy, the form of finger meals that packs a ton of taste right into a single chew. In case you nonetheless want snack recs for the Tremendous Bowl subsequent weekend, right here’s mine: make this!
I based mostly this recipe on the baked buffalo cauliflower I shared final fall. After I posted it, I heard from so a lot of you asking for an air fryer model. I’m SO GLAD I attempted one, as a result of this air fryer buffalo cauliflower could be even higher than the oven model (which was already very scrumptious). The air fryer simply makes it that rather more crispy! Devour the florets on their very own (warning: they’re severely addictive!) or take them excessive with a creamy dipping sauce. This vegan ranch is improbable.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe Elements
To make this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe, you’ll begin by breaking a head of cauliflower into giant florets.
Then, you’ll make a batter out of all-purpose flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and water. The cornstarch is the key to getting the cauliflower good and crisp!
After you air fry the cauliflower, you’ll brush it with buffalo sauce. I prefer to make a selfmade one utilizing Frank’s crimson scorching sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, paprika, and honey. For a vegan different, sub vegan butter for normal butter and use agave as a substitute of honey!
Don’t neglect the vegan ranch dressing for serving! For a full “buffalo wings” expertise, carrots and celery sticks are enjoyable too.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Suggestions
- Actually coat that cauliflower! The batter is what offers the cauliflower its crispy, “fried” impact, so that you need to get it into each nook and cranny of every floret. While you add the cauliflower to the thick flour combination, stir nicely to verify the florets are absolutely coated.
- Don’t crowd the basket. If it’s too crowded, the cauliflower will steam as a substitute of getting browned and crisp. Prepare the florets in a single layer and go away a little bit house round every one. Work in batches if obligatory. It takes me two batches to make this recipe in my air fryer.
- Flip it rigorously. While you flip the cauliflower after the primary couple of minutes of cooking, it would need to follow the air fryer basket. That’s okay! In case you use a spatula to loosen the cauliflower from the basket, you’ll be capable to flip it with out tearing off its crispy coating. To attenuate sticking, you can even flippantly grease the basket with cooking spray earlier than including the cauliflower.
- Sauce it twice. For the very best buffalo taste, you’ll have to sauce these cauliflower bites twice: as soon as midway by way of the prepare dinner time, and as soon as simply earlier than serving. Don’t maintain again right here! Rotate the florets as you sweep on the sauce with the intention to coat them on all sides.
- Eat it immediately. This buffalo cauliflower is greatest scorching from the air fryer, when it’s nonetheless good and crisp. Leftovers will maintain in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 days, however they’ll lose a few of their crispness. In case you’re making this recipe for a celebration or recreation day, I like to recommend air frying the cauliflower simply earlier than serving.
Extra Favourite Air Fryer Recipes
In case you love these air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings, attempt making one in all these enjoyable snacks within the air fryer subsequent:
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 kilos, damaged into giant florets
- Buffalo Sauce, for brushing
- Vegan Ranch, for dipping, optionally available
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Add the water and whisk till clean. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat.
Carry the cauliflower florets out of the batter, permitting any extra batter to drip again into the bowl. Prepare in a single layer within the air fryer basket, leaving a little bit house round every floret. Don’t crowd the basket. Work in batches as obligatory.
Air fry for 9 minutes. Take away from the air fryer and use a spatula to rigorously flip the florets. Brush with among the buffalo sauce. Air fry for one more 5 to 10 minutes, or till the cauliflower is darkish and crisp across the edges.
Take away from the air fryer and brush with extra buffalo sauce. If desired, serve with vegan ranch for dipping.